Life and Peace Development Organization (LAPDO) is a non-profit, non-governmental
organization focused on enhancing processes towards the provision of quality life and peace for
sustainable development. LAPDO as an organization involved in the social and economic
advancement of Nigerians with CAC No: CAC/IT/NO 27548. The organization’s scope covers
health, environmental issues including climate change & WASH, agriculture and governance. At
the heart of this vision is transformation of the lives of people and empowering them for a
To further strengthen service delivery as well as improve reporting, LAPDO is recruiting an
experienced professional Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator to
improve documentation and reporting quality that meets the M&E standards of an upcoming
donor project. This position requires a qualified M&E Coordinator with cognate experience in
NGO sector and with strong grasp of all stages of project cycle management and quality standards
in governance and reform programming.
The MEAL Coordinator will be responsible for the design and implementation of the Monitoring
Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEL) framework for the LAPDO project and contribute
to strengthening of LAPDO’s accountability framework.
He/she will ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of the project activities ensuring that
results are used to continually inform and improve project delivery and design. He/she will have
overall responsibility for the accurate collection and analysis of M&E data, for dissemination of project results, challenges and recommendations. This will include ensuring learning is effectively
captured and continually used to support programme quality and innovation.
In addition, he/she will further develop the necessary tools and processes to ensure effective
stakeholders’ engagement and accountability is mainstreamed into all project activities. He/she
will lead on strengthening existing feedback and accountability mechanisms to ensure the
opinions of beneficiaries, non-beneficiaries and key stakeholders are used to continually improve
programme quality and relevance. A key part of the role will be capacity building of M&E and
programme staff to develop processes that ensure results are used to continually inform and
improve project delivery.
TASKS and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Working closely with the Project Manager and wider team, develop standard and project
specific M&E plan for all project activities.
• Oversee the development of quality tools for all M&E activities, including templates for
data collection and data entry and ensure clear systems and processes (including
sampling plans) are in place and understood by field teams.
• Ensure routine project monitoring takes place on time and that results are analyzed and
shared with relevant staff.
• Ensure timely development and delivery of all project reports. This may include weekly
updates, monthly, quarterly and semester reports as may be requested by the Executive
Director or the project funder.
• Promote and strengthen organizational understanding of the importance of M&E within
the organization, ensuring buy-in and understanding of M&E’s role in informing and
improving all stages of program design and implementation.
• Design and oversee roll-out of M&E trainings for LAPDO and her partners.
• Oversee the effective communication and use of monitoring data to improve current
programming and inform innovation, including development of agreed recommendations
to ensure continual improvements to the quality and appropriateness of all program
activities. This will include facilitating and leading ‘Lessons Learned’ sessions.
• Working with the Executive Director and other staff, develop mechanisms to support
beneficiary accountability including strengthened and standardized mechanisms for
community feedback, complaints and communications.
• Oversee the effective communication and use of feedback/complaints data to improve
current programming, including development of agreed recommendations to ensure
continual improvements to the quality and appropriateness of all program activities.
• Make inputsinto proposal development and project planning, identifying MEAL measures
to be included and adequately budgeted / resourced.
• Ensure that learning is captured and shared effectively to improve project
implementation/design and to inform programme development.
• Overall management of the MEAL team.
• IT knowledge: Proficient command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Excellent management skills with the ability to quickly re-prioritize activities to meet the
demands of projects in a rapidly changing context;
• Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills, with the ability to lead teams to reach
consensus on complex and/or divisive issues;
• Ability to proactively engage with diverse stakeholders, and problem solve;
• Highly organized with a logical approach to information management;
• Able and willing to work the required hours (with periods of long working days, when
necessary) to meet the needs of the project.
• Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different cultural backgrounds.
• Strong grasp of all stages of project cycle management and quality standards in
governance and reform programming,
• Excellent report writing skills;
• At least 5 years’ experience in an NGO focused on either agriculture, governance or
• Proven experience in M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative
and participatory) and developing and leading M&E processes
• Proven experience in data analysis and the production of quality reports and
• Ability to lead and supervise staff.
• Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
• Solid information analysis and report writing skills.
• Word, Excel, PowerPoint - Advanced
• Web content design & development - Advanced
• Internet based collaboration tools and video calling - Intermediate
• Social Media - Intermediate
• Data Visualization - Advanced.
Bachelor’s degree in economics, agriculture, international relations, business administration,
social sciences, development studies, or any other field relevant to development assistance.
How to apply
Please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must indicate the
position title in the email subject line as “MEAL Coordinator”. Female candidates are encouraged
to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date: 27, July 2021.