Corporate Accountability and Public Participation Africa (CAPPA) is a non-governmental organization with offices in Lagos (mainland) and Abuja. The organization passionately commitments’ to advance human rights, challenge corporate abuse of our natural resources and build community power for inclusive development and participatory governance.
The programme manager will support the daily management and implementation of the public health campaign as well as provide legal and technical expertise on the project and its related policies in the Lagos office. The Programme Manager will report to the Director of Programmes.
• Support the national, regional, and global campaign on Public Health related issues.
• Support the organization's strategic vision, including strategic planning processes.
• Analyse potential strategies and opportunities within the public health space and proffer appropriate solutions.
• Support the Programme Director to write reports to partners.
• Work with the Programme Director to execute project according to timelines and demands.
• Participate in media activities which include among others, writing and distributing of press releases, writing and syndication of articles and participation in press events.
• Build synergy between the organization key stakeholders and partners in Nigeria and beyond.
• Serve as Liaison between the Organization and government agencies.
• Keep track of public health related policies (state, federal and international) to develop and provide summaries or fact sheets.
• Participate in the Organization's activities and events.
• Actively research new grants and projects to advance the works of the organization.
• Assist the Executive Director with any administrative tasks, such as fundraising, preparing annual reports and any other task given by the Executive Director or your Line Supervisor.
Degree in Public Health, healthcare related sciences, law or other relevant fields (advanced degree is an added advantage).
Minimum of 5 years working experience in a national environmental justice or civil society environment managing and implementing public health projects involving multiple stakeholders.
In-depth knowledge of the Nigeria Tobacco Control Law and the Nigerian Tobacco Control Act.
Knowledge of the workings of the National Assembly and other policy processes.
Organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
Experience in grants proposal writing and business development.
Proven track record managing and supervising a team and fostering teamwork.
Strong ability to communicate (verbally and written) complex information clearly and concisely.
Strong technical report writing skills.
Proficiency in public speaking.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Collaborative work style and strong work ethic.
• Start Date: Immediately.
• Application Deadline: 12th July 2021.
• Term: 1-year contract, open to renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds for the program.
CAPPA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, in any of its activities or operations. Hence, qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send written application and your CV to: email@example.com