Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. We are the only provider of a modern end-to-end payments infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves 9 of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L’Oréal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
We offer a competitive salary, internal knowledge-sharing events, a global exchange program to other offices, relocation support, and great career opportunities. Become part of an international work environment, and take your career to the next level!
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
We are at the forefront of the global technology scene, providing our services to the world's most innovative companies. Since building our platform from scratch, our engineers have been continuously reshaping the payments landscape. Due to our rapid growth, we design everything with scalability in mind. We solve real problems for our merchants, creating new functionalities and building impactful solutions to help them grow.
As an engineer you will be responsible for the full development cycle from designing your software to testing and deploying it in a weekly release. You will work with one of the biggest PostgreSQL databases out there, while writing your own queries and ensuring they fit within our low latency API landscape.
To maintain our competitive edge as we scale, we organize our work around goal-oriented groups, called streams. Streams are co-led by developers, and also include product and commercial specialists. This setup means you’re able to provide input on how our products and services are built, and also receive immediate feedback on the business impact of your work.
What you can expect:
* You will join one of our 40+ streams and be responsible for one of our core products, such as Risk, Point-of-Sale, * Local Payment Methods, Checkout, etc.
* You’ll be an integral contributor to a multi-threaded, highly performing, and complex software system.
* You’ll use your critical mindset by exploring the context and knowing the ‘why.’ Your opinion will matter right from the start!
* You’ll be in charge of the model, architecture, coding, testing, security, and release of your projects.
* We’re looking for people who can see the bigger picture and work towards it from inception to implementation. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.