GIZ. Solutions that work.
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for
sustainable development and international education work, we are
dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. GIZ has
over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including
economic development and employment promotion, energy and the
environment, and peace and security. The diverse expertise of our
federal enterprise is in demand around the globe – from the German
Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations, the
private sector and governments of other countries. We work with
businesses, civil society actors and research institutions, fostering
successful interaction between development policy and other policy
fields and areas of activity. Our main commissioning party is the
German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and
The registered offices of GIZ are in Bonn and Eschborn. In 2019,
we generated a business volume of around EUR 3.1 billion. Our
22,199 employees, almost 70 per cent of whom are national staff,
work in around 120 countries. As a recognised development service
provider, we currently have 556 development workers in action in
partner countries. Furthermore, in 2019, the Centre for International
Migration and Development (CIM), which is run jointly by GIZ and
the German Federal Employment Agency, placed 262 integrated
experts and 515 returning experts with local employers in our
partner countries, or provided them with financial support, advice or
The global programme “Migration for Development” (PME) works
on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic
Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is implemented by the
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
The PME aims at creating opportunities for returning migrants as
well as for the local population (potential migrants). To this end, Vacancy Announcement 030
the PME has established a structure for employment promotion,
migration and reintegration advice, the Nigerian-German Center
for Jobs Migration and Reintegration (NGC). The NGC provides
individual counselling services and advice on prospects for both
returning and potential migrants in Nigeria, economic
(re)integration support, information on vocational and educational
perspectives and employment opportunities including
entrepreneurship and self-employment.
The project uses monitoring and evaluation instruments to measure
the impact of its interventions, keep track of its counselling, training
and outreach measures and adjust their implementation where
necessary. As part of the M&E system the project compiles
questionnaires, tracking and tracing methods, quantitative and
qualitative reports and further evaluation tools. It also runs a
database of its clients. The position holder will be required to
manage and further refine these monitoring and evaluation tools.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor supports the Programme in:
• Monitoring the activities and results of the programme.
• Generating, documenting and disseminating programmerelated knowledge.
• Supporting the planning, monitoring and evaluation system
of the programme.
• Supporting the establishment, management and
implementation of the project’s M&E System.
• Supporting the preparation of the project’s reports in line
with programme requirements.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor performs the
• Further develop the M&E concept of the project according to
the Nigerian context with focus on tracking and tracing
• Refine, manage and implement the different M&E tools
applied by the project in conjunction with the management
and advisory team of the project (among others: counselling
sheets, questionnaires, satisfaction forms, surveys, tracer
• Collect, analyse and interpret all data and information
gathered through M&E tools
• Analyse and interpret statistics generated by the project’s
• Maintain and adapt the programme’s M&E system and tools,
including the reporting. Vacancy Announcement 030
• Compile the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the
centre, especially through preparing related quantitative and
qualitative sections as well as related charts/tables
• Liaise with potential service providers of studies,
researches, papers and manages related cooperations
• Design/adjust M&E data collection and processing methods.
• Ensure M&E data collection and analysis according to
• Support the preparation of progress reports
• Assist in preparing data, facts and figures for the
Programme’s communication materials
• Ensure alignment of all M&E activities (especially data
• Guide the Programme on outcome and impact monitoring
• Act as a focal point for M & E for the programme, external
evaluators and guide any review process where applicable.
• Prepare and actively participate in planning and monitoring
• Supports all M&E activities within the Programme.
• Conduct baseline, midline and end line assessments
• Prepare reports for assessments conducted by the
• Quality assurance of reports and data received from
• Conduct statistical analysis of a variety of data sets,
including data cleaning and preparation
• Takes on additional tasks related to the purpose of the
position from team leader or technical staff, as required.
Stay up-to-day on latest developments on M&E and
propose new and innovative measures (specially looking at
C. Required qualifications, competencies and experience
• Master’s Degree in Economics, Social Sciences or similar
with strong focus on data analysis and M&E.
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in M&E and
knowledge management particularly in the field of
Other experiences and skills
• Demonstrated expertise developing and managing project
M&E systems, including data quality control and analysis
• Ability to analyse/present/visualise data.
• Practical skills in the use of Microsoft Excel, statistical,
graphical software, experience in using ICT solutions for
M&E activities (survey programming, etc.)
• Ability and willingness to work in a team;
• Used to work independently and pro-actively.Vacancy Announcement 030
• Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) in
English are required. Good knowledge of German
language is desirable.
• Strong capacity for effective teamwork, high degree of
flexibility, ability to work under pressure of deadlines;
• High degree of attention to detail
• Experience in working/engaging with international
organizations and/or donors
• Willingness to travel in- and outside the country.
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation
as one document with complete contact details via email to:
(Please include vacancy no. 030 in mail subject)
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All
qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and
religion are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted