UbiOps is a fast-growing software scale-up based in The Hague. With 20 young, creative and
open-minded colleagues from 10 different countries we have a mission to let every individual
and organisation activate, manage and share their data-driven intelligence.
UbiOps is a powerful yet easy-to-use tool for turning your Python and R code in live data-driven
applications in minutes. UbiOps offers you a feature rich deployment and serving layer for your
data science code, models and scripts. It dockerizes your code, manages all your
dependencies, and scales your deployments dynamically with the use of Kubernetes. Go from
local scripts to production grade applications with ease. UbiOps is used by individuals, startups, corporates and other organizations from around the globe
This job opportunity is part of the MATCH project. Please visit the project’s website before applying.
You will be the lead software developer of our 3 people strong frontend team, actively
contributing to the design, development and maintenance of the user interface of UbiOps; the
UbiOps WebApp. Our frontend software stack consists of React with Redux, interacting with an
extensive REST API that is the gateway to our platform.
As the lead developer, you will set and improve the standards for the rest of the frontend team.
You will ensure that the user experience and (coding) quality of our UbiOps frontend is best in
class. You will encourage your colleagues to continue developing themselves and be at their
best. You will pave the way when designing new features and exploring and selecting
You and your team members are part of an agile and multidisciplinary team of software
developers, data scientists, machine learning engineers and technology consultants, giving you
plenty of opportunities to grow your experience and explore new technologies. On a daily basis,
you will interact frequently with the backend team to align on features, API functionality and
* 3+ years of experience in frontend development, of which at least 1 year with React,
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is a must, Master’s Degree is preferred.
• Comfortable working with REST API backends.
• Experience with Docker
• Ability to write structured, clean and documented code.
• Accustomed to Scrum or other agile software development methodology
• Experience with Python and cloud services such as Google Cloud or AWS is a plus.
• Affinity with big data, streaming architectures and data science concepts is a plus.
• Curious, resourceful and a quick learner. You enjoy experimenting and won’t give up
• Strong communication and team-player abilities.
• Comfortable with leading a team, setting the team standards and facilitating and making
• Independent with a hands-on working mentality.
• Professional proficiency in English and the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
What’s in it for you:
* Being part of an international and enthusiastic team in a fast-growing scale up, building a
• Plenty of room for self-development and learning new skills and technologies
• The hardware and software that you need
• Regular team activities, trips, drinks and a pool competition
• Office in an excellent location in The Hague, next to train station Laan van NOI
• Freedom to work from home and to work flexible hours
• A competitive salary