Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a non-governmental and non-profit organization registered to contribute positive change in the economic and social status of African youth through effective programs that deliver sustainable outcomes.
• Under the supervision of the Program Manager (PM), the Program Officer performs functions related to planning, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of activities under assigned portfolios on projects.
• Assist the PM in assuring effective planning, implementation and management of assigned projects in Nigeria.
• Assist the PM in strengthening systems for reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks, according to AYGF and the respective donor guidelines.
• Assist the PM in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
• Assist the PM in the provision of programmatic assistance to local AYGF partners in implementing their sub agreements.
• Assist the PM in capacity building efforts aimed at local Implementing Agencies (IAs).
• Remain informed on current programs and research in the health and development field; improve skills by working closely with international prevention specialists.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have;
• B.S / B.A in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5 - 7 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
Or M.S / M.A Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, reproductive health, nutrition, nursing, food sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 - 5 years’ relevant experience with international development programs.
• Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
Skills / Competencies
• Knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
• Basic accounting and financial management skills.
• Working knowledge of major donor policies (Global Fund) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding health related issues.
• Proven ability to coordinate a multi sectorial development project.
• Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
• Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
• Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
• Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
• Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
• Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
• Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Candidates should send their applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying motivation for the application, addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) on email@example.com indicating position and location applied on the subject line.
Application Deadline is 22nd of April, 2021.
N/B. This position is open only to applicants residing in Kogi and Niger States of Nigeria and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AYGF is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.