Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a non-governmental and non-profit organization registered to contribute positive change in the economic and social status of African youth through effective programs that deliver sustainable outcomes.
To support Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, in particular data gathering and analysis, donor reporting and maintenance of the M&E reporting and archiving system.
Support overall management of MEL system
• Support the MEL Manager in overseeing and managing the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) system and strategy.
• Assist in the coordination and maintenance of the new online system for reporting and monitoring of programmes, including testing of the system and on-going refinement as necessary.
• Assist in the design of MEL procedures, templates and guidelines to support strong national level reporting.
• Support the monitoring of the overall implementation of the MEL strategy and online system, identify gaps or challenges both with regards to the technical components of the M&E system, and with regards to the capacity of its users.
• Assist in entering entry and storing of data to the monitoring database, help in maintaining this as an accessible source of information on programme activities, results and (to the extent possible) impact, and ensure data safety and protection.
• Support capacity strengthening and training of users of MEL system Assist in the training and capacity building activities relating to MEL, through for example the creation of toolkits, and setting up webinars.
• Provide support to regional level data capturing, analysis and quality assurance processes.
• Support the implementation of quality assurance mechanisms and monitoring checks at regional
• level enabling improved capturing and narration of programmatic results and impact.
Support monitoring, reporting and evaluation
• Share information about reporting requirements and timelines, and follow up projects to ensure timely submission of reports.
• Support the collection of documentation to validate reports, and carry out regular spot checks.
• Produce high quality bi-annual progress report, with support from the HR.
The ideal candidate should have;
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field;
• 5 years+ years of experience in MEL operations preferably in an NGO environment;
Skills / Competencies
• Understanding of local and international development issues.
• Experience from working with in an NGO.
• Good understanding of programme design, theory of change functions and logical frameworks, including links between objectives, indicators, targets and activities.
• Extensive experience of supporting M&E strategies and systems, and writing reports.
• Experience from data gathering and analysis.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Experience with archiving systems and knowledge management.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Candidates should send their applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying motivation for the application, addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) on firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position and location applied on the subject line.
Application Deadline is 22nd of April, 2021.
N/B. This position is open only to applicants residing in Kogi and Niger States of Nigeria and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AYGF is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.