Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a non-governmental and non-profit organization registered to contribute positive change in the economic and social status of African youth through effective programs that deliver sustainable outcomes.
The Finance & Administration (F&A) Officer will be responsible for overseeing all financial project management, as well as general office services.
The F&A Officer will be responsible for maintaining financial integrity, preparing all financial reports efficiently in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards.
• Manage the accounting, finance, and administration components of programs, including petty cash funds and field office finance, accounting, and administrative activities;
• Establish program financial management systems, procedures and controls to ensure consistency with donor requirements;
• Coordinate monthly requests for funds to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations, and coordinate and oversee program tendering and procurement activities;
• Advise project staff on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports;
• Review and approve all vouchers prepared (disbursement, receipt, and general journal vouchers) for expenditures and ensure that expenses are reasonable, allowable, and allocable to the project;
• Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds;
• Supervise project staff, consultants, and partners working in finance and administration for the project;
• Produce budget projections, analysis, and reports for review and action by the Project Manager and ED;
• Manage financial files and support annual audits.
• Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have;
• Degree in accounting, finance, or related field strongly preferred
• At least 5+ years finance experience in donor funded projects.
Skills / Competencies
• Strong management, communication, and negotiation skills, and the ability to collect data from multiple partners
• Knowledge of local financial and accounting systems preferred.
• Knowledge of donor regulations, policies, and procedures and familiarity with grants management.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, ethical management skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets, and financial analysis
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Candidates should send their applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying motivation for the application, addressed to the Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) on firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position and location applied on the subject line.
Application Deadline is 22nd Aprill 2021.
N/B. This position is open only to applicants residing in Kogi and Niger States of Nigeria and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AYGF is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.