Our Client, an integrated marine service and logistics provider in Nigeria is recruiting for the
role of a 'Human Resources Manager'. The ideal candidate will report to the General Manager,
provide strategic direction and execution leadership for human resource management activities
of the organization, manage corporate communications; maintain cordial relations with unions
and the community.
Key Job Responsibilities
1. Development and execution of a viable Human Resource Strategy
2. Development and execution of Talent Management initiatives that confers on the
organization a competitive advantage in its market consistent with best practice.
3. Leads the organization in effectively championing and institutionalizing organizational
change initiatives e.g. ISO Quality Management
4. Leads the organization as effective business and strategic partners in providing
innovative Human Resource solutions to staff and customers through meetings, e-mail and one
on one interaction.
5. Lead the ongoing development of a professional and achievement-focused workforce
6. Maintain cordial relations with all employees, labour unions and immediate community.
7. Ensure development and delivery of best practice people and culture strategies and
programs that maximize the individual and organizational capability
8. Coordinate and champion effective reward management system by ensuring strategic
linkage between affordable compensation and employee performance.
9. Ensure effective communication of the organization’s policies, procedures and
information in a timely and clear manner across different media.
• Good University Degree
• Min. of 8 – 10 years quality HR work experience; 5 of which must have been at senior
• Professional Certification is compulsory e.g. CIPMN, HRCI, SHRM, CIPD etc.
• MBA/MSc Human Resource Management etc. are an added advantage
• Extensive experience in providing strategic leadership and influencing and leading
change in complex organizations
• Working Knowledge of port and shipping industry is of critical advantage
Job Competency Requirements
1. HR Strategic Management
2. Business Acumen
4. Workforce Planning
5. Talent Management
6. Employee Learning and Development
7. Employee Performance Management
8. Reward Management
9. Employee and Labour Relations
10. Human Resources Information Administration
Key Performance Indicators
1. Cost Efficiency
2. Customer satisfaction
3. Process Efficiency
4. Human Resources Development
5. Employee Competence Improvement
6. Succession and Productivity Sustainability
Interested applicants should send their CVs/resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.