Our Client, an integrated marine service and logistics provider in Nigeria is recruiting for the role
of a 'General Manager'. The ideal candidate will report to the Group CEO and lead the Terminal
Free Ports under the direction of the Board of Directors.
Key Job Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the day-day management of the operation in accordance with current
legislation and the general policies/specific directions of the Board.
2. Enhance and facilitate the profitability of the Port, its public image and positive contribution
to the economy of Nigeria.
3. Prompt execution of all resolutions and decisions of the Board of Directors.
4. Develop, implement, monitor and report on the Performance Management System of
5. Provide good Commercial and Business acumen leadership especially in the areas of
port and shipping economics and management to explore opportunities for revenue generation,
business growth and enhancing/promoting efficient and safe port operations
6. Oversee the efficient running of all the Divisions of the organization to ensure they are
operating at a high standard, executing all their functions and roles, achieving their goals to
ensure each Division and the Authority achieves its mandate;
7. Provides advice to the Board that reflects the analysis of a broad range of issues affecting
port operation, management and development.
8. Demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of political, social and economic factors
affecting the organization.
9. Builds and sustains relationships within the organization, the Board of Directors, NPA, port
users and with a diverse range of external stakeholders
10. Drives a culture of achievement and commitment to achieving outcomes beyond
11. Drives activities that support organizational sustainability, operational efficiency and
flexible resource management; engender a culture of accountability and transparency
12. Provides Leadership in enterprise-wide compliance to the statutory corporate governance
and process compliance standards.
• Good University Degree
• Min. of 15 years quality work experience; 5 of which must have been spent at Strategic
Senior Management level in the Shipping/Port Industry
• Professional qualification e.g. MSc/MBA Management is compulsory
• Advanced knowledge of port operations and management.
• Working Knowledge of all relevant International Port related regulation standards
• Working Knowledge of port and shipping industry is of critical advantage
Job Competency Requirement
1. Leadership (Leading From the Front, Leadership by example)
2. Business Acumen
3. Management Skills( Technical, Financial, People, Project)
6. Relationship Management
7. Emotional Intelligence
8. Excellent Decision Making
10. Result and Value Driven
11. Quality management
Key Performance Indicators
1. Revenue Growth
3. Cost Efficiency
4. Market Share Growth
5. HSEQ Compliance
6. Corporate Governance and Risk Management Compliance
7. Regulatory Compliance
8. Port Overall Performance and Productivity
9. Effectiveness of Stakeholders Relationship Management
10. Shareholder Value Growth
Interested applicants should send their CVs/resumes via email to email@example.com with the job title as the subject.