Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Working under the overall supervision of IOM Nigeria’s IBM Programme Manager, and under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant/Project Coordinator, the successful candidate’s primary role will be to provide technical support within the IOM Nigeria implemented projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will provide clerical support as requested to the full portfolio of IOM Nigeria IBM projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Provide clerical support to the work of the Senior Project Assistant/Project Coordinator and the Project Assistants/Component Coordinators in all aspects of their work, with a focus on the following areas:
1. Support Senior Project Assistant in IBM-related applications, software configuration and network component.
2. Assist in providing technical support to required locations (Nigerian Immigration Service HQ, state commands and border crossing points).
2. Support Senior Project assistant in the projects’ documentation, preparation, and implementation of network systems, software deployment, and other IT-related activities.
3. Maintain inventory of projects’ hardware and software equipment.
4. Assist in the preparation of seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings, presentations, and missions related to the project, and undertaking duty travel to support project activities when required.
5. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
• University degree /certificate in related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum three years (one year for degree holders) in related field;
• Previous experience in project administrative support an advantage, preferably within the United Nations system or the international development or humanitarian field;
• Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis; and,
Fluency in English and working knowledge in one or more national language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position number on subject line by Tuesday, 9 March 2021.
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2021.016 Abuja. Junior Programme Assistant (ICT/IBM) G3.
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our company guides a worldwide portfolio of customers through the processes of formulation and analytical development, preparation of regulatory dossiers and the manufacturing and labeling of early phase clinical materials according to GMP appropriate standards.
The analytical laboratory plays a key role in the development and validation of analytical methods to characterize drugs and to perform quality control testing on incoming raw materials and on the finished clinical materials.
* You prepare and perform development and quality control analyses according to method descriptions and protocols.
• You develop, install and validate analytical methods.
• You provide expert advice and active input related to analytical issues.
• You document and report the analyses and the obtained results in line with GMP standards.
• You plan, organize and control independently the attributed analytical package.
• You actively contribute to procedural documents and improvement projects related to the general lab management.
• You communicate and interact with method developer(s), compliance and project management and you align timings with Lab management and Project management timelines.
• You assist the Analytical Group Leader and the Project Manager in technical discussions with the Contract Giver.
• You initiate and document investigations and non-conformances.
* You have a university degree in science (preferably a PhD)
• You have over 2 years of relevant professional laboratory experience e.g: chromatography (HPLC, UPLC, GC), dissolution, Karl Fisher and spectro (UV-VIS, IR)
• PHD with a minimum of 2 years experience or Master with a minimum of 10 years experience in the same field (knowledgde of LC/HPLC techniques)
• You have experience in a regulated quality control environment (GMP)
• You are flexible, a problem solver and a team player
• You have an analytical mindset and you are stress resistant
Interested applicants should first register with NELEX before proceed www.nelexnigeria.com
The Formulation Scientist is responsible for drug product formulation development projects for new chemical entities in support of (pre)clinical studies and stability studies. Formulations can be either granules, capsules, tablets, solutions, etc. Main tasks include project preparation, execution and reporting. The Formulation Scientist is also responsible for process optimisation & upscaling and he/she will ultimately transfer the developed products to the GMP production area. You work closely together with the Lab Operators and you align with Project Management.
* Providing technical expertise/scientific input on formulation development strategies
• Preparation and practical execution of formulation development projects
• Providing scientific expertise and formulation insights to Core Teams meetings
• Assisting to client meetings to present scientific data in a clear manner
• Writing scientific reports for clients, e.g. formulation development reports
• Drafting work instructions for the Formulation Lab Operators to ensure that work is performed efficiently and in a scientifically sound manner
• Monitoring experiments (e.g. process development, implementation of new formulation techniques) and ensuring complex data are interpreted in a scientifically correct way
• Identifying potential stability and performance issues with prototype formulations
• Streamlining the activities associated with a wide variety of formulation technologies to shorten Formulation Lab turnaround times and improve the quality of formulations being delivered
• Supporting the scale-up of developed formulations and bringing them to GMP manufacturing
* PhD level education in the field of pharmaceutical technology or equivalent expertise; preferable expertise with multiple formulation forms
• Having a degree as MSc. Pharmaceutical Sciences is an asset
• Flexibility to work in both an R&D and GMP environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing environment with ease
• Work independently or as part of a team, able to stimulate other co-workers
• Able to deliver results within limited time and budget; solution-oriented
Interested applicants should first register with NELEX before proceed www.nelexnigeria.com
The Dossier Development team brings tailored and timely services to our customers in the very broad sense of regulatory services. We provide support by writing and submitting regulatory documents (e.g. MAAs, IMPDs, variations, etc.) but also scientific reports for diverse customers & projects. We are experts in writing scientific reports using a dossier-centric approach. This means we keep the final dossier submission in mind throughout to ensure consistency, completeness and readability.
The candidate should have a passion for (technical/scientific) writing and the drive to generate qualitative reports in collaboration with the dossier development team.
* Authoring scientifically sound source documents related to drug development activities;
• Coordinating activities with our customers, e.g. for transfer of test methods between different labs;
• Writing CMC regulatory documentation for new filings and clinical trials..
* Master’s degree or Ph. D. in a life science discipline e.g., pharmacy, biotechnology, biomedical sciences or similar. Affinity with drug development is a plus.
• Working experience with scientific and/or technical writing for chemical and/or biopharmaceutical products is a plus.
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Fluent in English, written and spoken
• Customer-oriented and quality conscious attitude
• Eye for detail
• Proficiency with MS Office (mainly Word, Excel)
• Well organized and able to handle multiple projects in parallel
• Team player
Interested applicants should first register with NELEX before proceed