Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Working under the overall supervision of IOM Nigeria’s IBM Programme Manager, and under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant/Project Coordinator, the successful candidate’s primary role will be to provide technical support within the IOM Nigeria implemented projects. Additionally, the successful candidate will provide clerical support as requested to the full portfolio of IOM Nigeria IBM projects.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Provide clerical support to the work of the Senior Project Assistant/Project Coordinator and the Project Assistants/Component Coordinators in all aspects of their work, with a focus on the following areas:
1. Support Senior Project Assistant in IBM-related applications, software configuration and network component.
2. Assist in providing technical support to required locations (Nigerian Immigration Service HQ, state commands and border crossing points).
2. Support Senior Project assistant in the projects’ documentation, preparation, and implementation of network systems, software deployment, and other IT-related activities.
3. Maintain inventory of projects’ hardware and software equipment.
4. Assist in the preparation of seminars, conferences, workshops, meetings, presentations, and missions related to the project, and undertaking duty travel to support project activities when required.
5. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
• University degree /certificate in related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum three years (one year for degree holders) in related field;
• Previous experience in project administrative support an advantage, preferably within the United Nations system or the international development or humanitarian field;
• Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis; and,
Fluency in English and working knowledge in one or more national language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position number on subject line by Tuesday, 9 March 2021.
In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2021.016 Abuja. Junior Programme Assistant (ICT/IBM) G3.
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.