Under the supervision of the Auditor General, the incumbent will ensure the efficient functioning of the human resource functions of the Office of The Auditor General.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions;
· Coordinate and organise the recruiting, training and continuous development of staff;
· Carry out the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems in the Office;
· Ensuring that the welfare of the staff for the Office of The Auditor General is as per the required standards;
· Be the focal point for the staff regulations concerning the Office of the Auditor General ;
· Managing and ensuring the safe custody of all documentation for the human resource section of the Office of The Auditor General;
· Monitor and assist in the staff appraisal and performance management process;
· Monitor staff annual leave days and attendance;
· Coordinating the staff emoluments;
· Review working conditions to ensure legal compliance;
· Perform any other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Social Sciences or Humanities or in a similar field from a recognized University.
· 5 years of relevant experience in a private/public sector or international organizations;
· knowledge of human resources management operations including training, recruitment, performance management, change management, manpower planning, salary policy, pension administration, employee terms and conditions of employment, monitoring, analytics and reporting;
· excellent knowledge of Staff Regulations, directives and policies of relevance to the execution of duties associated with the position;
· cognitive knowledge of data base creation and management, and use of specialized computer systems and programs for operationalizing a variety of HR business processes and reports.
· Experience in the practice of Labor Law Management;
· Knowledge of HR Management best practices.
Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCIES
· ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
· ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
· ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
· ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
· ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
· Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
· Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
· interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
· ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
· ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
· ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards;
· demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
· understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
· ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
· ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
· ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
· ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbias and transparent manner.
· knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programmes and policies;
· knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
· knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
· knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
· knowledge of member states development trends, indicators, challenges and opportunities as it relates to project/programme assigned to own position.
· ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
· ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
· knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
· ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
· demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
· ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
· ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means, ;
· exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
· proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
· Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
· ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
· identify ,organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
· ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
· ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
· ability to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.
CLOSING DATE: 3rd November, 2021.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO: email@example.com