The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and registered in Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research training, advocacy and capacity building organization. The organization aims at mobilizing global opinion for democratic development and provides an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development process in West Africa. CDD envisions a West Africa that is democratically governed, economically integrated - promoting human security and people centred development. Since its inception, the Centre has remained focused on capacity building work, policy advocacy, and as a research reference point on democratic governance, human security, people-centered development and human rights.
• Proven experience as HR officer, administrator or other HR position.
• B.Sc/BA in business administration, social sciences or relevant field; further training will be a plus. Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.).
• Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures. Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of Human Resource Management System is a plus.
• Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude. Strong ethics and reliability. HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute).
• The successful candidate will support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems. Provide counselling on policies and procedures. Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process. Create and implement effective on boarding plans. Develop training and development programmes. Assist in performance management processes.
• Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues. Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements. Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a one page Applications plus a maximum 3 page CV (in one document) with details of current remuneration, contact addresses (not P.O.Box) and telephone number(s) to: email@example.com
b. THE CHALLENGE
2. JOB SUMMARY
3. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
4. REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Terms of Reference for the provision of External Audit services for the inclusive Education for Children with disabilities projects implementted by JONAPWD1.
Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD) is implementing a 4-year advocacy project from January 1 2014 – December 31 2018 titled ‘’Strengthening the Capacity of Disabled People’s Organizations and relevant stakeholders to promote transparency and accountability for Delivery of Inclusive Basic Education in Nigeria.”
The project is focused on providing Inclusive Universal Basic Education for children with disabilities in 3 locations in Nigeria: Akwa-Ibom state, Kwara state and the FCT Abuja, with the support of USAID through its Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement (SACE) programme in Nigeria.
JONAPWD invites tenders from reputable consulting firms for the provision of external audit services to conduct a financial review of the project.
Scope of Work :
• The successful bidder will be required to perform the following types of external audits:
• Risk based audits (this includes, but are not limited to, audits on the Financial, Human Resource);
• Compliance audits;
• Performance audits;
• Audits on predetermined objectives (performance information);
• The Scope of External Audit work entails Testing and Evaluating the Adequacy and Effectiveness of the Organization’s Systems of Internal Control and to make Recommendations:
• Review the effectiveness and efficiency of the financial and human resource management process.
• Appraising the effectiveness and efficiency with which resources are employed and identifying opportunities to improve operating performance
• Review the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify measure, classify and report such information.
• Review the systems established by management to ensure compliance with those policies, laws, regulations and controls that could have a significant impact on operations and determine whether the organizations is in compliance with itsfinancial, administrative and property management procedures and other relevant legislation that governs the organization.
• Ensure that the organization adheres to the corporate governance requirements as prescribed in the organization’s internal rules and regulations.
• Reviewing operations or programs to ascertain whether the results are consistent with established objectives or goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
Execution of Audits Assignments will be as follows:
• Assignments are to be performed in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of External Auditing (Standards).
• The execution of each assignment shall be in accordance with the instructions the bidder will get from the client.
• In carrying out the work, the successful bidder must ensure its staff maintains their objectivity by remaining independent of the activities they audit.
Location of Services:
The required service of external audit will be rendered at JONAPWD Project Office as situated in Plot 23 A Crescent, Citec Estate, Mbora District, Jabi Abuja.
Technical Requirements :
• Thorough research must be conducted for benchmarking purposes and estimation of overall hours by the organization inviting tenders, the overall hours should be the basis for evaluation of the following in the bidding process:.
• Explanation of the approach to performing an external audit, including the audit methodology, nature, timing and extent of audit procedures to be performed;
• Demonstration of experience and expertise of external auditing with non-governmental organizations;Providing an activity plan (project plan) of actions to achieve the objectives of the external audit function, specifying budgeted hours, timelines and sequence for its audit procedure and level of staff to be assigned;
• Incorporating CV’s of the proposed professional staff of the core management team proposed for the engagement and the authorized representative submitting the proposal. Key information should include the position of the individual in the company, the role that the individual will have in the engagement, number of years’ experience, all tertiary and professional qualifications, professional memberships, experience, and degree of responsibility held in various assignments during the last three (3) years. CVs must be maximum one (1) page per staff member
• Proof of experience in performing external audit services: list current and past clients where the bidder carried out external audit along with the name of the organization, contact person, designation, contact number, nature of the external audit service and length of the appointment for at least three (3) non-governmental organizations where you have rendered external audits services in the last three (3) years.
• Proposals must remain valid for 30 days from the submission date. JONAPWD will make its best effort to complete negotiations within this period. If the Proposal validity period of 30 days is extended, bidders have the right to withdraw their Proposals.
• Proposals will be evaluated in two parts. The technical proposal shall bear 60% of the total marks while the financial proposal shall bear 40% of the total marks.
• Proposals should make clear about the relevant skills, experience and capacity of the participant, in respect of this particular TORProposals must contain the details of the proposed approach to be adopted in order to deliver the service in accordance with the TORProposals should clearly indicate whether or not bid participants have the capacity to meet the requirements of the TOR Functionality evaluation criteria.
No Description Weight
• Experience, Skills and Ability of Service Provider
• Past experience in similar work of this nature
• Team member experience( accompanied by brief CV’s)
• Bidders ‘track record
• Ability of the bidder to fulfill the JONAPWD’s requirements point 30
Technical Approach and Execution Plan point 20:
• Proposals must contain the details of the proposed approach to be adopted in order to deliver the service in accordance with the TOR point 20
• Bidder must allocate a project manager for this project;
• The proposal should contain a work plan, showing tasks, timelines;
• Did the bidder give, submit clear proposed project timelines point 15 for this project;
• Does the project plan cater for risk management associated with this project and mitigation strategy?
• Project management and turn around management (Ability to Deliver on Time). 15
• Reference Did the bidder submit at least three relevant and contactable clients that were serviced in the past 12 months point 10
• Proposals should clearly indicate whether or not bid participants have the capacity to meet the requirements of the TOR point 25.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their Applications to:
Plot 23 A Crescent,
And also, candidates are required to send their current CV’s (Prospective Volunteer’s State of Current location/residence should be boldly written on the CV) to: firstname.lastname@example.org