Program Manager, SAPFF (Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya)
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
“Hidden hunger” is a form of undernutrition affecting millions of people in sub-Saharan Africa. Caused by micronutrient deficiencies, it has been linked to numerous health and development issues. Food fortification is a cost-effective strategy for addressing hidden hunger, helping people to access the nutrition they need. The Strengthening African Processors of Fortified Foods (SAPFF) Project is a four-year $10 million project that is using a market-based approach to help food companies in Nigeria, Kenya, and Tanzania to increase the availability of nutritious foods by improving their capacity to produce and sell fortified foods for local markets. The level of this position will depend on the experience and skills of the candidate.
For more information about SAPFF, please refer to http://www.technoserve.org/our-work/projects/strengthening-african-proce...
Reporting to the Regional Program Director (RPD), The Program Manager’s duties and responsibilities will include:
- Monitor and follow-up on critical management and planning issues to ensure effective and timely project execution.
- Support the RPD in the overall monitoring of the project against milestones and work plans and in implementing necessary course corrections.
- Support review and finalization of internal and external project documents, including donor deliverables, presentation decks, and technical reports.
- In collaboration with the RPD and the Regional M&E Manager, design, review and continuously improve program implementation on the basis of feedback from staff, project participants, clients, and partners.
- Develop marketing and communications content including blog posts, fact sheets, case studies, brochures, etc.
- Support budget or contract modification processes, as needed.
- Support recruitment and contracting of staff, fellows, and interns, as needed.
- Plan, organize and participate in project meetings, workshops, seminars, and stakeholder events
- Assist RPD on a needs basis with other strategic and operational tasks.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, economics, business or other relevant subjects. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of work experience in international development in Africa Experience working or collaborating with agriculture private sector companies, preferred.
- Detail orientation, including strong organizational, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong budget management and financial analysis skills including proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to anticipate demand, manage multiple tasks/projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Outstanding written communication skills including prior experience editing and proofreading documents.
- Strong project management skills including the ability to anticipate demand and manage multiple tasks and projects while meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 40% of the time.
- Fluency in English required.
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Click “Apply Now” to complete a short application and upload your resume and cover letter. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity at all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes
To apply for this position, click on the link https://technoserve.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=5&c=tec...