Country Finance Manager - Maiduguri/Abuja
Background on ACTED
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
With a budget of 190 million EUR in 2015, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
In response to the emergency situation in Nigeria, ACTED recruits.
Under the authority of the Country Director and Finance Director in HQ, the Country Finance Manager (CFM) will be responsible for ACTED accounting and financial management in-country. The CFM ensures that national legislation is adhered to, and that the country specific standards are applied in ensuring efficient use of resources.
1. Accounting and Financial Management
Commitment of expenditure
2. Budget Management
Ensure budget follow-up
Develop project budgets
3. Department Follow-up
Internal Procedures and Information Flows
Requirements and Qualification
Master degree minimum in Finance or related area
3+ years of solid experience in financial management and monitoring systems, preferably of large development programs, possibly complemented by academic expertise
Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance
- Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of communities through capacity-building efforts
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Prior knowledge of the region an asset
- Fluency in English required - ability to communicate in local languages an asset
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management software
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package
Submission of applications
Please send your application including cover letter, CV and references to email@example.com under Ref: CFM/NIA
Date Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 - 11:15
Closing Date: Monday, September 11, 2017 - 11:15
Work Type: Full Time
Function: Finance Professionals