Chief Lecturer - Information Technology at the Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo
The Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo is owned by the Federal Government of Nigeria. It was established in 1977 with the mandate of producing specialized teachers at the NCE level who upon graduation will be ingrained with skills and competences that will enable them teach both ‘normal’ and persons with special needs in the primary school as well as the lower level of secondary education.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chief Lecturer - Information Technology (CONPCASS 09)
School: Secondary Education - Science Programmes
Department: Computer Science
- Candidates must possess a good doctorate degree in relevant fields from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 12 years of teaching/ research in a higher institution, 12 journal articles and 11 meaningful chapter contributions in standard textbooks.
- Candidates must possess teaching qualifications not below NCE as well as the professional qualification of the Teacher's Registration Council of Nigeria.
- Certificate of National Youth Service, evidence of Exemption or Exclusion as the case may be.
- Candidates are to possess demonstrable capacity to provide both academic and administrative leadership.
- Proficiency in ICT is required.
- Some knowledge of special education, may be an advantage.
Salary & Other Conditions of Services
As obtainable in salary and conditions of service for Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria and as may be determined by the Governing Council of the College from time to time.
Application Closing Date
4th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of word processed Application and Curriculum Vitae together with relevant Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should among other information, contain the following in the order below:
- Post desired and department
- Full Name with Surname in Capital
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin and local government area
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Present Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates
- Work Experience
- Present employer, status and salary
- List of publications in default (where applicable)
- Attendance at learned conference with date
- Extracurricular activities
- Names, Addresses of Three (3) Referees whose confidential report on the candidates should be sealed and submitted along with the application.
Candidates are advised to request their referees to forward reference on them under confidential cover to the Registrar with the below address.
All Applications and confidential report must be addressed and submitted to:
Federal College of Education (Special), Oyo
P.M.B. 1089, Oyo,
Candidates may also forward their Applications in soft copies to: Registrar@fcesoyo.edu.ng
- Candidates who submit soft copies will be required to come along with twenty (20) hard copies of the exact soft copies submitted if shortlisted for interview.
- Applications are to reach the Registrar, together with referee report, not later than the closing date above.
- Only applications of shortlisted applicants will be acknowledge.