Manufacturing managers plan, direct and coordinate activities concerned with the production of goods, the production and distribution of electricity, gas and water, and the collection, treatment and disposal of waste. They may manage the production departments of large enterprises or be the managers of small manufacturing companies.
Tasks include –
(a) determining, implementing and monitoring production strategies, policies and plans;
(b) planning details of production activities in terms of output quality and quantity, cost, time available and labour requirements;
(c) controlling the operation of production plant and quality procedures through planning of maintenance, designation of operating hours and supply of parts and tools;
(d) establishing and managing budgets, monitoring production output and costs, and adjusting processes and resources to minimize costs;
(e) consulting with and informing other managers about production matters;
(f) overseeing the acquisition and installation of new plant and equipment;
(g) controlling the preparation of production records and reports;
(h) coordinating the implementation of occupational health and safety requirements;
(i) identifying business opportunities and determining products to be manufactured;
(j) researching and implementing regulatory and statutory requirements affecting manufacturing operations and the environment;
(k) overseeing the provision of quotations for the manufacture of specialized goods and establishing contracts with customers and suppliers;
(l) overseeing the selection, training and performance of staff.
Examples of the occupations classified here:
▪ Manufacturing manager
▪ Production and operations manager (manufacturing)
Some related occupations classified elsewhere:
▪ Production supervisor (manufacturing) – 3122
Our client "Nichemtex Limited" are looking for suitably qualified candidates for the post of textiles technologist in their factory for immediate employment.
Candidates MUST HAVE a B.Sc. or HND in polymer and textiles with at least three (3)years working experience acquired in manufacturing industry or professional practise.
Qualified candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com with Subject: NELEX-NICHEMTEX-TT.
IMPORTANT: To inform us about the job (s) you applied for CLICK HERE.
- Assemble raw materials for preparing, mixing, measuring and cooking crude resources
- Manage automated methods and temperatures for manufacturing products
- Fastening metal, plastics or other fixtures or cut-outs where necessary and attaching straps and linings to products where required
- Assess the quality of readymade commodity and record accurate outcomes at specific times of the production operations
- Execute and manage machines, carry out inspections and packing of finished products
- Maintain a neat and sterile plant processing environment
- Operate machines in the process of producing commodities
- Examine the diverse products and other commodities
- Engage in processing of materials such as bleaching, dyeing and processing of textiles
- Engage in production of food products such as mixing, cooking and moulding of dairy products
- Observe completion time and gather portions of products
- Evaluate samples of products and the operating machines for packaging
- Perform finishing functions such as treatments and spraying of products as necessary
- Work in an assembling environment in the process of operating inflating machines, cutting or moulding.
- Assemble goods on conveyor belts and report any faults to the supervisor on an immediate basis
- Prepare cartons and crates for packaging purposes and ensure that items are properly and safely packed into them
- Inspect finished products to ensure that they conform to quality standards and isolate any non-conformed or damaged items
- Candidates should possess SSCE/OND qualification.
- Satisfactory knowledge of the commodity produced by the factory
- Acceptable knowledge of safety and health principles
- Capability to comprehend quality control techniques
- Ability to utilize diverse machines and possession of practical aptitude
- Sound communication aptitude in delivering beneficial teamwork
- Must be precise, careful, patient, responsible, swift and alert.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision